Wednesday 7 October 2009

Tesco doesn't do Midi-chlorians

I read in the news that the creator of the "International Church of Jediism" was kicked out of a Tesco store in the UK, for wearing the hood up on his cloak type garment.

Morda Hehol (aka Daniel Jones) claimed that the rules of his religion state "Jedis must wear a hood up in any public place of a large audience." He wrote that rule of course, so I think he is a little self centred. I wonder if there is another rule stating that all followers must send him money. Anyway, I liked his parting comment:

"I'll advise worshippers to boycott Tesco if it happens again. They will feel the Force."

They will feel the force? Hmmm. For the head of the Jedi church, the force doesn't seem to be very strong with him, or he would have simply used the Jedi mind trick. It would go something like this (for some reason BA is playing the security guard):

- Jedi walks into Tesco -
Security Guard (SG): Hey Fool! You ain't wearing no hood in this store!
Jedi Master (JM): Excuse me?
SG: I said you can't wear your hood up. I pity the fool who wears a hood in a public place.
- Jedi waves his hand in the air -
JM: Actually, I may be mistaken.
SG: Actually, I may be mistaken.
JM: Wear your hood and go in peace.
SG: Wear your hood and go in peace.
- Jedi walks away -
- Security guard looks confused -
SG: Crazy Jedi fool.

Anyway, it seems he tried to claim religious discrimination, but was essentially laughed at. I guess I shouldn't be too critical, but to base a religion on science fiction seems a bit strange.

If you must adopt a religion based on a film; I recommend 'The Church of the Latter Day Dude!' http://www.dudeism.com/index.html A much more sound philosophy in my humble opinion.

Where do my religious ties actually reside. Well I'm tempted to get ordained as a Dudeist Priest, but perhaps I'm agnostic. Whatever your belief is, all I would say don't have religion; religion is the cause of a lot of problems. If you must have something; simply have faith. There is a big difference between religion and faith, and in my opinion, having faith causes fewer problems than having religion.

Well, before I get too serious I'll leave you with a quote from the Dude "Just take it easy, man."

Peace

The Random Within

No comments:

Post a Comment