Saturday, 24 October 2009

Free Speech - Who are your neighbours?

In the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the British National Party seems to be a talking point of late, winning European election votes and being a hot topic in the news.

I suppose everyone's entitled to their own opinion in a country that promotes free speech (mostly), but their views are somewhat 'right wing', and a rather lot of people would argue racist.

I'm sure not all of the members are racist and have simply been duped by BNP propaganda, but the views of the party's leadership have been exposed as such, and some of the policies are... well, lets just say radical.

Now, whilst reading the blog Chase me ladies, I'm in the cavalry (in my opinion the best blog title ever!),  I noticed a post about the recently leaked BNP members list. This leak was a hot topic as the BNP claimed it would single it's members out as targets for hate crimes. Well I suppose if your party views are bigoted, that's what may happen.

I in no way condone any such attacks, and respect that different people can have different opinions in this country, as well as different people in this country can be of differing race and religion, because I'm a person who welcomes diversity. If you are a member of said political party, that's up to you and because of the country and society we live in, no one can stop you.

Anyway, I took a look at the leaked BNP members list and searched for the village I reside in and two members live on my street. One may actually live in the house that backs onto mine. *twitchy curtains*

Experimenting, I searched for the town I grew up in. Lots of hits. Another search for another town I also grew up in turned up the name of someone I used to know 20 odd years ago. Git! In fact he actually sent me a friends request on facebook the other day. Glad I ignored it.

Anyway, I'm not sure what my point is, but the list was an interesting thing to search over.

Edit: On closer inspection, there are even people on the list who will give you 'BNP home-schooling" *shiver*

Later

The Random Within

39 comments:

  1. 向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 若對自己誠實,日積月累,就無法對別人不忠了。........................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤......................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 婚姻對男人來說是賭他的自由,對女人而言卻是賭她的幸福。..................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。.................................................................                           

    ReplyDelete
  8. 在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. 我們必須先有哭泣,才有歡笑;也必須先感到人生的悲哀,然後才感到人生的快樂。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. 什麼樣的學習計畫並不重要,重要的是你是什麼樣的人。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. 不會從失敗中找尋教訓的人,成功之路是遙遠的。.................................................

    ReplyDelete
  13. 果然很有意思呀....這當然要頂一頂呀 ̄﹏ ̄......................................................

    ReplyDelete
  14. 最偉大的天才如果終日躺在草地上,讓微風吹拂,眼望天空,那麼溫柔的 靈感也不會光顧他的。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judge not a book by its cover.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete